Wednesday 13 August 2014

Meet The Team!


The Oxjam Cambridge Takeover 2014 is set to build on the success of last year; new faces, new events and more importantly new opportunities to raise funds for Oxfam.
Volunteers of all levels are the heart that keeps the festival beating year on year. So we would like to officially introduce ourselves!

Izzy Maxwell-Watts, Oxjam Cambridge Takeover Manager.
"With a full-time job, many voluntary projects and freelance work I can be described as a bit of a work-a-holic but I love to be busy working with interesting people and I love to laugh! My background is in events management and I currently work with international students helping them to become integrated in the British culture.
I am fiercely ambitious, driven by creative events, art, community and charity. I have a fabulous hard working and talented team for Oxjam Cambridge Takeover 2014 who will help raise £1000's to help the fight against poverty around the world and put on a great show for all of you! Come and support us at our fundraisers over the next few months and at the Takeover weekend itself on Saturday 18th October 2014!"

Natalie Stock, Cambridge Takeover Volunteers Coordinator
"I have been working in recruitment for 3 years now and feel that this gives me excellent experience to undertake the role of Oxjam Cambridge Takeover Volunteers Coordinator for 2014. I am excited to be a part of this year’s takeover and to be working as part of a driven and dedicated team.  I achieved my BA Hons in Drama at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge and know the city well having lived here throughout my studies and since. After leaving university I have been working as a Legal Recruitment Consultant for Law Staff Legal Recruitment on the outskirts of Cambridge and feel that the skills I have developed at this wonderful company will help me archive a well organised takeover.  Throughout the takeover I hope to raise as much money and awareness for Oxfam as possible and archive a lively and dynamic event that will appeal to the eclectic tastes of Cambridge. I hope to see you there!"

Leanne Evans, Fundraising Coordinator
"Hi my name is Leanne and I'm the fundraising coordinator for Oxjam in Cambridge. I have a passion for live music and been going to gigs in Cambridge since I was a teenager, I have also been actively involved in various fundraising and volunteering activities including event organisation and can't wait to combine all of this for Oxjam! If you want to get involved or have any suggestions for fundraising then please contact me on oxjamcam.fundraising@gmail.com, I'd love to hear from you."




Kim Able, Production Manager
 "My name is Kim Able and I am the Production Manager for Oxjam Cambridge 2014. My event background is with Cambridge Style Week, I was Stage Manager for the last two years. My working life also has an event twist, I organise events for a membership of a garden centre, run children’s groups, talks, and community events, alongside budgeting and donating to lots of local charities (my fav bit). I also write for an online magazine and help design shoots. I am currently working on a piece that will look into the M2F transgender sex industry. I love literature, having just completed a BA(hons) in Eng Lit, fashion, music, architecture and shoes!! My best trait is I never say no, my worst trait is......I never say no!"



Caroline Mead, Senior Regulations Officer
"My name is Caroline and I've been involved in Oxjam Cambridge since the very first one. The first year I was mainly involved in finance and fundraising, and last year I liaised with Arco Iris so that the event could go off with a loud and lively bang! When I'm not the RSPB's Senior Editor (day job) I enjoy belly dancing, music, films and festivals, and I'm also a qualified massage therapist and teach the flute to kids on Saturday mornings. I like being busy!"







Steph Baudino, Fashion Shoot Coordinator
 "I spent most of my life, and school career, in Italy. I grew up in a small town in the mountains. As I went to a language school I had the opportunity to travel to European countries such as France, Spain, Germany, Austria and Czech Republic, sampling and absorbing the local style and culture.  In 2006 I jetted off to Michigan, USA, and spent a year as a local 17 year old. Finally in 2009 I started my course in Fashion Design at the Cambridge School of Art at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge, graduating 3 years later in 2011 and with no plans to move anywhere else. Since then I have re-qualified as a fitness instructor and now teach in and around Cambridge."




Lisa-Marie Cahill, Marketing Coordinator
"I achieved my BA Honours in Philosophy and English Literature in 2013. Since then I have recently found my passion for Marketing and Events with a particular interest in the creative industries. I have just finished an internship with Anglia Ruskin University where I got to help organise the Brains Eden Gaming Festival and currently working with my business partner to start up RoomSixEvents. In my spare time I am a bit of a nerd, I love literature, music and all things vintage.
This is my first year working with the Oxjam Cambridge Takeover team and I am delighted to be a part of this amazing project to raise awareness of all the talent Cambridge has to offer with all proceeds going to a great cause. I can’t wait to see all your lovely faces and for us to takeover Cambridge on 18th October!"

Keep up to date with all upcoming news and events!
Follow Us on Twitter! @OxjamCambridge #OxjamCamb

Want to get involved?
Volunteering is the key component that makes events like these happen, if you want to volunteer for any upcoming events surrounding the Oxjam Cambridge Takeover 2014, please contact Natalie at oxjamcam.volunteers@gmail.com.

Donating to Oxjam has never been easier just text JAM0049 to 70066 to donate £3
Messages will be charged at £3, plus one message at your standard message rate. By texting you consent to future telephone contact by Oxfam. If you do not wish to be contacted in future send NOINFO to 70066. For more, Oxfam helpline: 0300 200 1300
Please also remember that the unique codes must be typed exactly as they appear. i.e. no gaps/spaces.
E.g. JAM 0001 is invalid, JAM0001 is valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment